Why do I need a professional photographer for my business portraits?
"A professional business portrait is an investment in making a great first impression."
- The quality of your portrait sends a significant message about you and the standards you've set for your business.
- A professional portrait should be considered an investment in the business you are working so hard to build. Formal or casual, your portrait should reflect your own personal style.
- Whether working in a studio or at your facility, a professional photographer will have the skills, experience and equipment to capture the unique personality behind your features.
What types of portraits do I need and what is the difference?
- Studio Portraits - are primarily for use in a press release, newsletter, program, website or business card. A head and shoulders pose with a canvas background is best suited for these images, which are typically small and serve primarily to provide a means of personal recognition rather than to convey a particular expertise.
- Environmental Portraits - are for use in a brochure, newsletter or website. A conference room, library or office setting will reflect more about you and your business. Usually these are taken in your natural work setting. Professionals who are photographed in their professional environment communicate knowledge, proficiency and warmth.
- Social Portraits - increasingly, professionals participate in social networking activities such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook where members post a profile picture. The tone of a social network presence may need to be different from that of a corporate website; an image that evokes the individual's personality is often preferred.
Why should you choose The Priestley's?
- The Priestley's have been providing excellence to our corporate clients for over fifteen years by fulfilling their portrait needs with our professionally trained, experienced and personable staff.
- We arrive on time, work with your staff, process the images for your selection quickly and complete the finished product according to your specifications and schedule requirements.
- Our award winning creative photographers utilize the proper posing techniques that will flatter your assets and minimize your flaws. Out pricing structure allows us to meet most budgets and always includes image enhancements.
5 Reasons why businesses love The Priestley's Fine Art Photography
How do The Priestley's measure up?
- Award Winning - our staff includes local award winning photographer Lauri Priestley.
- Experience - we have been in business since 1995 and our associates all have extensive experience.
- Family Owned & Operated - we are directly involved in every aspect of the business from the marketing to hanging the final piece on your wall.
- Full Time Business - many photography companies these days are "weekend warriors" that cannot provide the service that a full-time company like The Priestley's can provide.
- Graphic Design Services - our design service rounds out our talent and offers our clients expertise that they can not get from most other photographers.
- Installation Services - The Priestley's can professionally install any custom framed pieces in your lobby, conference room or another desired location.
- On-location Sessions - our on-location sessions keep your staff in their office being productive instead of at our studio
- Technology - we regularly attend conventions and seminars to keep up with the latest in technology.
Your company has retained the Priestley's for executive portraits. What's next?
You only get one chance to make a good first impression and your company understands that professional portraits are one way to make you stand out over the competition. These portraits will be used for in-house display and/or company website or other social marketing mediums. Proper preparation can make the difference between a portrait that is simply attractive and one that is truly impressive. Please view our tips & tricks section to help ensure a successful session.
- With The Priestley's you are not just a number. You will meet with our staff to discuss your personalty and style. We will also review what the session will be like and discuss ideas for images.
- We will provide you with an electronic planning guide to reference in preparation for picture day.
- For in-studio sessions, we suggest arriving early to make any last minute grooming or clothing preparations.
- If we will be coming to your place of business, we arrive 30-60 minutes prior to the first scheduled session to set up our equipment and familiarize ourselves with your facility.
- If the session is at our studio, we will immediately prepare the images for viewing on our large-screen monitors.
- If the session was at your place of business, we will prepare all images, select the best ones of each person and create a password-protected website of your company portraits. We will then email you a link that can be forwarded to your staff so they can make their favorite selection.
- To expedite the process, we can make image selections for you at no additional charge.
- If the session is at our studio, you will immediately select your image using our state-of-the-art portrait viewing software which allows side by side comparisons.
- If the session was at your place of business, your staff will make their selections using our web based proofing software. You will compile the image selections and pass on this information to The Priestley's.
- Alternatively, if it is a large staff and allowing individual selection is not feasible, our portrait artists will select the best image of each person.
- Once the image(s) have been selected, they are individually process with our proprietary portrait retouching software.
- The files are then cropped and saved in JPEG file format in four different ways (high and low resolution color and black & white files).
- Note: images will be cropped to standard 4:6 ratio unless specific cropping instructions are provided. For clients ordering our presentation pieces, matting color selections and layout design will be send to you electronically for approval.
- Once images are prepared and/or printed and framed, they will be delivered to your either via email (for digital only), mailed to you on a CD/DVD for multi-subject sessions or delivered and installed (add-on option) in your selected location if we are preparing wall displays and/or wall portraits.